We also are committed to service: to each other and to our community. Service flows out of a changed heart – so once again, here at Grace Community Church, we begin with our relationship with God and how the Gospel has reconciled us to God. Our motivation for service is born out of our gratitude for the greatest service that Jesus completed on our behalf: He came not to be served, but to serve and give His life as a ransom for many. (Mark 10:45)
As Christians, we live together in the community of the local church and it is here that we are provided with opportunities to serve one another. Many of our Service Teams aim to facilitate our Sunday Meeting, and there are additional opportunities for service in our children’s ministry as well as outreach and evangelism opportunities.
- Bookstore – maintains book inventory and organization and assists people to select and purchase books, CD’s, and resources in the Bookstore.
- Coffee Shop Hospitality Team – prepares and serves beverages and light snacks before and after the Sunday Meeting to facilitate fellowship.
- Decorating Team – creates attractive and meaningful décor throughout our building.
- Grace Kids – provides children’s ministry classes during the Sunday Meetings.
- Facility Maintenance Team – assists in caring for our church building through handyman skills.
- Welcome to Grace – greets and welcome guests on Sunday mornings.
- Grounds Team – maintains our church property and landscape and serves by snow-blowing during the winter months.
- Multi-Media and Design Team – creates artistic and creative visual elements for various church publications.
- Prayer and Pre-Service Prayer Teams – prays for various needs among the church family and meets before the Sunday Meeting to pray for the meeting, our congregation, and the community.
- Projection Team – promotes worship by providing attractive, creative, and precise execution of lights, overhead lyric slides, and videos during the Sunday Meeting and for special events.
- Sound Team – provides high-quality sound for worship and the message during the Sunday Meeting as well as meeting sound needs
- Usher Team – ensures that the Sunday Meeting remains orderly and secure through distributing communion, collecting tithes and offerings, recording attendance, and providing assistance as needed.
- Worship Team – leads the church family in passionate worship of God through song during the Sunday Meeting.